Sunday, April 12, 2009

kwernerdesign Color Inspiration #49 - vs. 2

Card challenge no. 49 was fun because of the colors so I went for two designs. Paper crafting is an inclusive art and one goal for my blog is to post cards that demonstrate that lovely, thoughtful cards can be made on a reasonable budget. Thus, I used the same Heidi Swapp stamp on both cards. This one is the more "masculine" version. The minimalist card that even Oscar liked. :)


double click on the images to see the better detail



This was challenging to photograph.
Any ideas on how to shoot tone on tone with my basic digital camera
would be great or any basic Photoshop tricks to "fix up" blacks.
Thanks in advance!





Supply List:
  • Stamps: Heidi Swapp Clear Rubber Stamps - Love Corners
  • Ink: Versamark clear for embossing
  • Embossing powder: Stamp n Stuff detail white
  • Stock: Black, "buttons" from ellison designs assorted bright textured solid cardstock blocks
  • Embellishments: skinny white ribbon, Offrey "happy" green ribbon, pop-dots and crop-0-dile
  • Tools: MSL scallop circle punch and McGill hand two-hole punch
  • Basic Tool Kit: Beginning with a clear workspace, Fiskars single blade arm cutter, heat tool, bone folder, scor-pal board and matching cutting mat, Cutterbee scissors, bigger scissors, baby wipes and stamp cleaner, adhesive, dark chocolate m&ms, ending with an often cluttered workspace, and two mini dachshunds snoozing in the craft studio.
I have not purchased any Stampin' Up papers or ink, so I do the best with the stock that I own, so hopefully the colors are similar to the challenge. I try to match based on my computer monitor.

3 comments:

Winter said...

Cute! Great job on bothe cards!

Sheila said...

Beautiful card. Love the simplicity of it. I don't know how to photograph tone on tone either.

Great Job!

samanthadesigns said...

Both cards are great! I love simplicity and your cards fit that to a "T". Thanks for sharing you work.