Sunday, April 25, 2010

Spotted Canary Challenge - Edgy Project - Wedding Favor

I stumbled upon a site that is new to me... called spottedcanary.com -- part of EK Success.
They are having a contest for $100 worth of supplies. All you crafty friends with edge punches should check it out. Here is my submission.


Using 3"x6" craft cardstock I scored and folded to make a treat "matchbook" cover -- great for weddings as an easy and affordable party favor. To make the perfect corner punch curve you have to use a 3.25"x6" piece of stock. The Merci stamp is from The Paper Source. The ribbon is Martha Stewart craft seam binding in Dove White. Chestnut Roan Colorbox Fluid Chalk Ink. I think the punch set is Scallop Three Dot - Punch Around the Page by Martha Stewart, I got mine at Michaels last fall/winter and think it is a very classy look.

click on photo to enlarge

As is the standard you have to follow the blog, read the rules and post your project.

Post an 'edgy' project
To qualify, project must use a continuous edge punching system or some other creative method of altering edges.

Please list the method you used in your description or product listing. From April 1, 2010 at 12:01 a.m. Eastern Time through April 30, 2010 at 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time, go to www.spottedcanary.com (the “Website”) to enter. Log in as a Spotted Canary member and upload an original project to the Gallery. The time of entry will be determined by the time that it is received by EKSuccess Brands.

You may enter only once, duplicate entries will not be considered. All entries must be in English. All entries must be original and developed by contestant. Use of automated processes and devices to submit electronic entries are not permitted. EK is not responsible for any changes or effects caused by or to the entrant’s computer system as a result of submitting electronic entries.



The Loot -- or a representative image...

_________________________________________________________________

On a totally different note -- have any of you been getting spam on your blog? I have my blog set to approve comments and I am glad I do. This is a screenshot of a post that came in today, the site posts song lyrics with links that lead to sites I would not want to be associated with -- "drug" companies and the like. Just an FYI -- I really appreciate comments and questions, and had recently been thinking of taking the approve feature off -- but now I think I may have to leave it on just to keep everyone a bit safer. How do you handle the spam?

0 comments: